We ask that all parents and students read these guidelines carefully and comply with each aspect of the dress code. Our school uniform policy encourages students to focus on grooming that presents a positive image of our young people and our school. Neatness, cleanliness, and appropriateness in dress and appearance are conducive to an academic atmosphere and will be expected of all Gesu students at all times.
While dressed in the Gesu School uniform at school and in public places, all students’ conduct, actions, and language will be consistent with the philosophy and values of Gesu Catholic School. While we hope that uniforms make it easier to get prepared for school each morning, we also feel that uniforms are important for the following reasons:
- Uniforms unify us as a school community.
- Uniforms teach that there is a certain way one dresses for “work” and another way to dress for recreation, parties, etc.
- Uniforms reduce opportunities to make certain brands and styles a “status symbol”.
- Uniforms reduce distractions within the classroom.
- Please see the Appearance & Uniform Policy provided for additional details about school attire.
The New Guidelines for PE Uniforms, initiated in September 2018, will give you the necessary information for the purchase of the PE uniforms that launched in the 2018-2019 school year. Items can be purchase at our online Gesu Web Store. PE clothes can also be purchased through Schoolbelles, the provider for the Gesu school uniform.
Faculty and administration reserve the right to determine if a student is dressed in a manner consistent with the Gesu School uniform policy. The administration will make the final decisions and reserves the right to amend or revise the uniform policy as necessary.